Next week is Science Week and the theme this year is ‘colour’. The children will be taking part in exciting colour themed activities and investigations during the week. On Monday, 23rd May, all children have been asked to come to school in a rainbow colour so that we can make a human rainbow. The colours allocated to year groups are as follow:
Reception Violet (school sweatshirt) Year 4 Blue
Year 1 Orange Year 5 Green
Year 2 Yellow Year 6 Red
Year 3 Indigo – pink (please wear one of the other colours if necessary)
Dates for your Diary
- Friday, 27th May School closes at 3.15 pm for half-term
- Thursday, 9th June School re-opens
- w/b 4th July Year 6 Enterprise Week
- Friday, 8th July Decades Day
- Wednesday, 13th July Sports Days for Y3/4 (9.15 am) and Y5/6 (1.15 pm)
- Thursday, 14th July Sports Days for Y1 /2 (9.15 am on Junior playground)
- Friday, 15th July Sports Day for Reception (9.30 am on Infant Playground)
- Wednesday, 20th July Year 6 Performance 1.30 and 6.30 pm
- Friday, 22nd July International Day
- Tuesday, 26th July Year 6 Leavers’ Assembly 9.30 am
- Tuesday, 26th July School closes for summer at 3.15 pm
Donations of any spare wool would be much appreciated.
Emily Laws Performing Arts Holiday Club
This will run from Wednesday, 27th July to Friday, 29th July and be based on “Cats”. The cost is £40.00 and letters are available from the Infant Office.
After School Taekwondo Class
Northern Taekwondo now have places available for new beginners. The classes are every Thursday until 4.20 pm. Classes are £4.50 each, billed per half term, and there is also a licence fee reduced to £20. Children benefit from increased concentration, self-discipline, fitness, confidence and, most of all, fun! Other classes are available for children and adults on their website at www.northerntaekwondo.co.uk or call Master Lee on 07779 275207.
Last week’s winners were:
6W 99.67% 2B 98.62%
6JR 98.62% 2O 98.32%
6C 97.67% 1A 97.33%
There were 57 lates recorded last week.