Children’s Mental Health Week – 1-7th February 2021
Please follow this link for more information about Children’s Mental Health Week. The link includes for some free resources which will help children and young people explore what it means to Express Yourself.
Blue Peter on YouTube
Blue Peter have launched their own channel on YouTube for entertainment outside of home-schooling hours now we’re in lockdown. It’s completely free to subscribe to.
Mental Health & Wellbeing Support for Year 6
With the latest lockdown and schools closures, young people may really benefit from some additional support with their mental health.
Kooth can offer that MH and wellbeing support to young people in Lancashire aged 10-16. They appreciate that there are parents and carers who want help for their children that aren’t aware of the Kooth service.
Kooth are hosting two information sessions on the 21 and 27 January. These sessions will offer an insight into the service and give space for a Q&A too.
Parents and carers can register a place to attend with these links.
- Thursday 21 January at 11am-12pm : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lancashire-kooth-kooth-parent-drop-in-session-tickets-135902741759
- Wednesday 27 January at 6-7pm: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lancashire-kooth-parent-drop-in-session-tickets-135904555183
Blackpool Council have new Safeguarding for Parents courses starting in January 2021.
The courses will cover
- What is safeguarding
- How to keep your ourselves and children safe
- The roles, rights and responsibilities of parents, professionals and organisations
Introduction to Safeguarding – 5 sessions online
Starts Thurs 14 January 1-2 pm
Or Thurs 3 March 1-2 pm
Sessions will take place on Google Meet and learners will have access to resources in Google Classroom.
Learners will need a gmail address and be able access classes online.
Safeguarding for Parents (accredited) 10 sessions@ The Grange
Starts Wed 13 January 2021
This course covers the areas in greater depths and learners work towards a qualification at Level 1.
The learners will attend weekly sessions at The Grange and complete tasks to add to a portfolio of evidence to achieve the qualification.
To get in touch or book a place on any of our courses call their admin team on 01253 478131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Distance Learning Course – “Understanding Children & Young People’s Mental Health”
- This is nationally accredited and certificated upon completion
- The qualification is all question based
- 6 weeks to be completed, taking between 15-30 hours to do so
- Online platform to complete the qualification, therefore a computer or laptop will be needed
- 2 workbooks to be completed, with them needing to be submitted at the 3- & 6-week stage
- Tutor support throughout for any help and guidance
Please watch this video giving more details.
Withdrawal fee of up to £150 for non-completion without genuine reason (signing up with no effort to complete).
- Aged 19+
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Have been in the EU/UK for the past 3 years
- Not currently doing a government funded qualification
- Once completed, can enroll on further qualifications
If you are interested in signing up to this course, please follow this link.
Action For Jobs is a brand new project from the Volunteer Academy.
It is a 12 week program supporting people in Blackpool who are socially, economically and institutionally disadvantaged.
During these 12 weeks the VA will help with developing experience and improving skills such as confidence, communication, respect and dignity.
Training will also be provided to help with digital awareness, interview skills, support with the development of CV/job applications and self employment.
By the end of the program it is hoped that service users will be in a volunteering role, further training/education or applying for jobs.