Tempest Photographers will be taking individual pictures of all children, together with sibling groups on the dates below. Please note there is no obligation to buy any of these photographs. If you do not wish your child to have a photograph taken, please notify us by e-mailing email@example.com
- Junior children [plus sibling groups] Monday 18th October 2021
- Infant children [plus INFANT sibling groups] Tuesday 19th October 2021
If it is your child’s PE day, please send them to school in their uniform and pack their PE kit for them to change into – this includes siblings.
School Lunch Menu
We are delighted to let you know that when we return from half term, all children on school lunches will receive a hot meal. If you would like your child to receive a hot meal please book this on ParentPay this week. If your child is in the Juniors and not in receipt of the Free School Meal benefit, these will also need to be booked and paid for this week.
The new menu is available to view here. Please note, due to current supply issues, there will be only one choice and there will be no cold option.
Children should continue to come to school in their PE kit on their PE days, with their school jumper/cardigan on top and not hoodies, tracksuits, football kits etc. On colder days they are permitted to wear black/navy/grey tracksuit bottoms/leggings with their PE t-shirt and school jumper/cardigan. Any earrings should be removed before school as this cannot be done by any members of staff and if your child cannot remove the earrings themselves they will not be permitted to take part in the lesson.
- If your child requires time off school for a holiday, family occasion etc please contact the school office who will provide you with an Absence Request Form – please do not place notes in your child’s bag as these do not always make it to the office.
- As our drinking fountains are unavailable, all children require a named bottle of drinking water for the classroom. If your child has a home packed lunch they need a separate drink (but please no glass drinking bottles or fizzy pop/fizzy water)
- If your child is having a yoghurt for lunch please do not forget to pack them a spoon
- All children should bring a coat/jacket every day as the weather is very changeable
- Only stud earrings are acceptable within school
- Where possible, please make medical appointments outside of school time. If this cannot be avoided, please inform the office as soon as possible and provide evidence of the appointment
Our anonymous parent survey is still open for feedback. Please click here for more information.
Half Term Holiday Camps
BFCCT Half Term Football Camps
Please click either picture to go to their booking page.
Blackpool Park Ranger Forest Camp
All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
B&FC Multi Sport Camp
Blackpool & Fylde College would like to announce the reopening of the Sports Camp for the October half term. There will be a limit on the number of spaces on offer. At present they will have a maximum of 20 children for the October camp. If you are interested for your child, enquire ASAP.
The booking hotline is now open. In order to reserve a place, the deposit must be paid. For further information contact the Sports Centre on 01253 504184 / SportCentre@blackpool.ac.uk
COVID Symptoms Reminder
The most important symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of any of the following and a test must be obtained:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell
The lower threshold symptoms are:
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- sickness or diarrhoea
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
Half Term Reminder
School will close at 3.15pm on Friday 22nd October and will re-open at 8.50am on Tuesday 2nd November.
History Day – 11th November 2021
On Thursday 11th November we will be holding our whole school History Day ‘Remembering the War’. On this day the children learn about life and events during the World Wars and why we have Remembrance Day. As in previous years we would like all children to dress up in the style of either of the wars or in uniform/costume of the time.
Parents’ Evening will take place virtually on 16th and 17th November. Appointments available will range between 3.30pm and 5.30pm. Appointments will be available to book after half term.
Operation Encompass now operates throughout Lancashire police force. It helps police and schools work together to provide emotional and practical help to children. The system ensures that when police are called to an incident of domestic abuse, where there are children in the household who have experienced the domestic incident, the police will inform the school (Miss Manson) before the child or children arrive the following day. This ensures that the school has up to date relevant information about the child’s circumstances and can enable support to be given to the child.