As noted on last week’s newsletter, Infant and Junior, individual and sibling photographs will be taken by Tempest Photography on Monday 19th October. All individual photographs will be taken, unless stated otherwise by parent/carer, and sibling photographs will only be taken if requested. These sibling photographs are only for children living in the same household ie not cousins.
Year 1 and 2 should come to school in their normal school uniform on Monday, NOT their PE kit.
Photographs for Isolating Childrens
The photographer will be returning on Wednesday 4th November to take photographs of the children who are currently isolating. If this is usually your child’s PE day, please send them in in their uniform and not their PE kit.
We ask that parents do not share pictures/videos from this application on any social media platform if the picture/video has other children present. This is for the safeguarding of all of our pupils.
If your child is currently isolating, please continue to log into Seesaw and complete the work uploaded for them.
Flu Immunisation (Nasal Spray)
Reminder for parents that the annual flu immunisation is booked for Thursday 5th November, to be undertaken here at school. Many thanks to all parents who have returned their completed consent forms. If you have not received/lost a consent form, please contact the Infant/Junior office so one can be sent home with your child/ren next week.
Reception New Starter Supplement
If your child was in attendance for the photograph, samples were sent home with your child this week which included the instructions should you wish to purchase a finished copy.
The photographs will be featured in the Blackpool Evening Gazette next Friday, 23rd October.
High School Applications
Please bear in mind that the closing date for secondary school applications is 31st October 2020.
Reminders for Parents
- Please can all parents refrain from waiting for their child/ren right outside their classroom door/window. This is very distracting for the whole class and the children are learning right up until school ends at 3.15pm.
- For the safety of yourselves and the children, please do not cut through the car parks to get to/from your pick up point – use the public footpath – and do not allow your child/ren to run around the car park.
- Please can only one adultdrop off and collect the children and leave as soon as possible as our playgrounds and surrounding areas are becoming congested at these times making social distancing extremely difficult.
- For safeguarding purposes, please do not shout to children on the playground if you are passing during playtime/lunchtime
- We have had complaints from local residents of parents using their driveways to turn their cars around. Please drive/park responsibly and respectfully.
We break up next Friday (23rd October) at 3.15pm and return on Tuesday 3rd November 2020, with doors opening at 8:45am for registration at 9am.
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 restrictions we are unable to host our usual Harvest Assembly in school and collect donations of food. Year 2 children are currently working on harvest celebrations within their class. We would like to continue to show our support to local food charities by asking pupils to provide small donations of food that can be made directly to some of our local food charities (below). Thank you for your support.
Streetlife – The Base, 48 Buchanan Street, Blackpool, FY1 3LQ
Drop off Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday between 1pm-3pm
Amazing Graze Soup Kitchen – 44 Bolton Street, Blackpool, FY1 6AA
Care and Share – 5 Tarnside, Mereside, Blackpool, FY4 4RD
Drop off Mon-Fri between 11am-1pm