We are going to be using an online tool called Seesaw (http://seesaw.me) throughout the school. It is a secure online learning journal where children and staff can create and upload work to document their learning. Seesaw will also be used for homework on some occasions. The tool will be extremely useful for remote learning should school be in a situation where a group of children have to stay at home or another lockdown situation in the future.
Your child or teacher will add things like photos, videos, worksheets, drawings and voice recordings to their Seesaw journal. On occasions children may have work uploaded that they have completed in a pair or group – this may be a photo or video including other children. In these situations, the work or image/s will be visible to all the children/parents involved.
In order for your child to use Seesaw, the app needs your child’s name in order to be able to associate work like their photos, videos or voice recordings with their account. Seesaw only uses this information to provide the service and doesn’t advertise in Seesaw, create profiles of students, or share or sell your child’s personal information or journal content. You can read more about their strong privacy promises here: https://web.seesaw.me/privacy.
Under an EU law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in order for your child to use Seesaw, we must get your consent. This can be given through Parent Pay. Just log on and click the consent button. There is no charge for this.
We hope that your child will enjoy using Seesaw to document and share their learning this year both at school and at home.
We are concerned about the lack of social distancing outside school and would remind you of the following points:
- We are using as many doors as possible to enable parents to distance whilst waiting by using various different areas such as playgrounds
- Please wait away from gates so that these areas do not become congested
- When using a gate, please be considerate of others and allow room to pass
- There are three pedestrian gates in both the Junior and Infant playgrounds, all of which are open for use
- We are unable to open the large vehicle gates at drop off and collection times for health and safety reasons
- Please minimise the time you spend outside school by not arriving too early and not lingering after you have collected your child/ren
We thank you for your patience and your help in keeping everyone safe.
As noted on last week’s newsletter, PE days are subject to change. We shall text individual classes on a Friday if their PE day is to be different the following week. For clarification this week’s PE days are:
(Child’s current year group, not year group from 30th September):
Year 5 – Wednesday
Year 4 – Monday
Year 3 – Tuesday
Year 2 – Monday and Thursday
Year 1 – Monday and Wednesday