Every class had late arrivals this week – school doors open at 8.45am with registration at 9am. Please make sure your child arrives on time.
- The Junior Office is now closed as an office to visit as we move to one centralised office space based in the Infant Department. Any late arrivals/early pick-ups, dropping off of drinks/coats etc must now all come to the office in the Infant Department
- All children should have their cardigans/jumpers, a jacket/coat, plenty to drink and some sun cream with them daily (all named!)
- Please make appointments for your child outside of school time where possible. If this cannot be avoided, please provide evidence of the appointment to the office
- Dogs are not to be brought onto school grounds, whether carried or not
Welfare Assistant Vacancy
We currently have a vacancy for a Welfare Assistant to work lunchtime – 5.50 hours per week, Monday to Friday (term time only). Please contact the Office for further details and an application form.
As the region is experiencing a rise in COVID-19 infections please can we remind you to adhere to all the advice regarding preventing the spread of the virus.
- HANDS – remembering to wash hands regularly
- FACE – use a face covering
- SPACE – maintain a social distance
Walk-in vaccination appointments are available for first and second doses at vaccination sites in Lancashire open to anyone eligible aged 18 and over. If you are unsure if you are eligible come down and speak to the team. Don’t assume you aren’t eligible without speaking to us first.
Click here for more information.
Should your child begin to experience symptoms please do not delay in taking them for a COVID test and keep school informed as early as possible so that close contacts can be identified and contacted.
Blackpool Football Club Community Trust Summer Camps
For more information or to book your child/ren a place please click here.
Staining Summer Workshop Days
Workshop days in the summer ticks lots of boxes for parents. Children don’t feel like they are learning on our workshop days, but to name a few:
- Learn how to work in a team with children your own age, older and younger
- Learn how to make new friends
- Learn about different emotions included in the theme and the story of the theatre week
- Learn about the stage and how to be safe on it
- Scripts and lyrics help children’s vocabulary
- Learn the art of storytelling
A full day of looking at drama games, different warm ups, vocal techniques and performance skills. It’s all about building confidence, exploring the world of musical theatre and having fun!
- Staining Village Hall, Thursday 12th August 9.30-3.30pm (children can be dropped off from the earliest 8.30am)
- Lytham Methodist Church, Tuesday 17th August 9.30-3.30pm (children can be dropped off from the earliest 8.30am)
- Staining Village Hall, Thursday 26th August, 9.30-3.30pm (children can be dropped off from the earliest 8.30am)
- For any more information please go to www.littlevoices.org.uk
South Shore LTA Youth Start Course
A six-week LTA Youth Start scheme at South Shore Lawn Tennis Club starting Wednesday 23rd June. All sessions will be run by an LTA Accredited coach with first aid, safeguarding training as well as a current DBS and insurance in place.
This LTA Youth Start course is £34.99 per child and is available to book online at www.wedotennis.co.uk/south-shore
Please click here for their information leaflet.
Mad Science Summer Camp
Mad Science will be at Fylde Rugby Club from the 16th – 20th August 2021. If you would like any more information, or if parents are wanting to book, please go to: http://northwest.madscience.org/campexperience.aspx
Operation Encompass now operates throughout Lancashire police force. It helps police and schools work together to provide emotional and practical help to children. The system ensures that when police are called to an incident of domestic abuse, where there are children in the household who have experienced the domestic incident, the police will inform the school (Miss Manson) before the child or children arrive the following day. This ensures that the school has up to date relevant information about the child’s circumstances and can enable support to be given to the child.