Every class had late arrivals this week – school doors open at 8.45am with registration at 9am. Please make sure your child arrives on time.
We would like to thank Water Park Outdoor Adventure Centre and Archway Travel for generously donating their services to allow our Year 4 children to enjoy a day out at Coniston.
Please find below the new classes for September:
|Current Class||New Class 2021/2022||Current Class||New Class 2021/2022|
|RS||1P Mrs Page||3O||4A Mrs Aris|
|RB||1KG Mrs Eaves/Mrs Connor||3C||4M Mr Aspden|
|RL||1R Miss Rigby||3M||4Y Miss Mills|
|1P||2X Mrs Greatrex||4A||5A Mrs Byrne|
|1KG||2A Mr Ashworth||4M||5B Miss Broadway|
|1R||2R Mr Robertson||4Y||5C Ms Crowther|
|2X||3M Miss McGuire||5A||6W Mrs Windsor|
|2A||3O Miss Ottewell||5B||6M Mrs Meek|
|2G||3C Miss Cox||5C||6JR Mrs Jackson-Rudd|
Year 6 Photographs
If you wish to place your photo order via school, this must be handed in by end of school on Monday, 5th July. Orders can also be placed directly on the photographer’s website.
- The Junior Office is now closed as an office to visit as we move to one centralised office space based in the Infant Department. Any late arrivals/early pick-ups, dropping off of drinks/coats etc must now all come to the office in the Infant Department
- All children should have their cardigans/jumpers, a jacket/coat, plenty to drink and some sun cream with them daily (all named!)
- Please make appointments for your child outside of school time where possible. If this cannot be avoided, please provide evidence of the appointment to the office
- Dogs are not to be brought onto school grounds, whether carried or not
Music Lessons for Junior Children
Pupils in the Juniors (Year 3-6) are invited to learn an instrument (guitar, keyboard, woodwind or ukulele). These lessons cost £32 per half term, payable in advance. If your child is interested in learning please contact the Office for an application and consent letter.
Welfare Assistant Vacancy
We currently have a vacancy for a Welfare Assistant to work lunchtime – 5.50 hours per week, Monday to Friday (term time only). Please contact the Office for further details and an application form.
As the region is experiencing a rise in COVID-19 infections please can we remind you to adhere to all the advice regarding preventing the spread of the virus.
- HANDS – remembering to wash hands regularly
- FACE – use a face covering
- SPACE – maintain a social distance
Walk-in vaccination appointments are available for first and second doses at vaccination sites in Lancashire open to anyone eligible aged 18 and over. If you are unsure if you are eligible come down and speak to the team. Don’t assume you aren’t eligible without speaking to us first.
Please visit www.healthierlsc.co.uk/CovidVaccination for more information.
Should your child begin to experience symptoms please do not delay in taking them for a COVID test and keep school informed as early as possible so that close contacts can be identified and contacted.
Next week there will be a mobile testing unit at Tesco in Marton. You can book a test at Gov.uk or by calling 119.
Due to the current high levels of infection in our area, which have affected school and led to isolations, the decision was sadly made not to allow parents to attend sports events this year. Hopefully next year everything will be back to normal.
1st Class Kids Uniform Information for September 2021
“Due to the ongoing issues with Covid 1st Class Kids are issuing this advice and information for you to help yourselves.
Please note the following actions:
- To enable social distancing, we will only be allowing two families into the shop at any point, so be prepared for potential queues
- We will have restricted access to changing rooms (so you may need to get your tape measures out at home)
- Cleaning will be increased and alcohol hand wash will be available for all customers
- Screens are in place at all service counter points / tills
Actions from you to help yourselves:
- Option 1. Order online now for delivery (not available from mid August)
- Option 2. Order online now for Click and Collect (not available from mid August)
- Option 3. Get into the store now (updates via website and social media)
- Option 4. Join the queue on Highfield Road if you want to shop late August
Please note: Our phones will not be available from late August to enable us to serve in store”
Change to Term Dates 2021/2022
Please make note that we have an additional day off next year, Monday 6th June 2022 for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday.
School will close at 3.15pm Tuesday 24th May 2022 and will re-open on Tuesday 7th June 2022.
Operation Encompass now operates throughout Lancashire police force. It helps police and schools work together to provide emotional and practical help to children. The system ensures that when police are called to an incident of domestic abuse, where there are children in the household who have experienced the domestic incident, the police will inform the school (Miss Manson) before the child or children arrive the following day. This ensures that the school has up to date relevant information about the child’s circumstances and can enable support to be given to the child.