We are incredibly proud of all our children and staff this week. Our children have settled back into school very well and have been an absolute pleasure. Staff have thoroughly enjoyed catching up with all their news and they have been very impressed to see how quickly they have adapted to new routines and systems around school.
Change in No 4 Bus Route
Due to the amount of cars parked around Stanley School and its junctions, Blackpool Transport have advised us that the No 4 bus will be diverting away from Wordsworth Avenue and Kipling Drive between 08:00 – 09:00 and 14:30 – 15:30 on school days only from Monday, 7th September.
Thank you for your patience and support in using all our entrances/exits during this time. It is vitally important that children/parents/carers do not congregate on the pavements outside the school premises and follow social distancing guidelines. Please can parents/carers of children in year 4 (4A, 4Y, 4M) and year 5 (5P, 5B) please remember to stay on the school yards rather than walk down to classrooms.
Please can all parents be reminded of the following:-
- Please can only one adult drop off and collect the children as our playgrounds and surrounding areas are becoming congested at these times making social distancing very difficult
- The school water fountains are out of use so all children need to bring a named bottle of water with them to drink
- Please write your child’s name on any items of school clothing, bags etc
- [current] Reception parents – Please do not send backpacks in with your child if this can be avoided – the original purple book bag alone is fine as this will assist in the use of space
- Only stud earrings are acceptable within school but please REMOVE these on your child’s P.E. day as these cannot be removed by a member of staff and if your child cannot remove the earrings themselves they will not be permitted to take part in the lesson
- Please can parents ensure that children do not play on outside equipment, including younger siblings.
10-16 year old session & FREE activity resources
Junior Park Ranger sessions next week for anyone in Y5 and above. The organisation works across 4 parks in Blackpool with the aim of engaging young people with the outdoors running a variety of activities from nature education, gardening, den building, tool work, litter picking etc. They aim to improve young people’s mental health through getting them out in fresh air and active on parks throughout Blackpool.
Please visit the following links for more information:
SENDIASS – Returning to school
Blackpool SENDIASS have commissioned a course to help parents/carers of children with additional needs or disabilities to support their children as they return to school after the COVID19 lockdown.
The course will have 1 evening zoom session each week for 3 weeks and will include topics on:
- Working with you child’s school
- Sharing your lockdown experience
- Individual tasks to complete between sessions
- Signposting to useful resources and services
To find out more or to book a place e-mail Lucy and Joan at Trinitysnap17@gmail.com