Tempest Photographers will be taking individual pictures of all children, together with sibling groups on the dates below. Please note there is no obligation to buy any of these photographs. If you do not wish your child to have a photograph taken, please notify us by e-mailing email@example.com
Junior children Monday 18th October 2021
Infant children Tuesday 19th October 2021
2021/22 Flu Programme
Earlier this week we sent out a text regarding this year’s flu programme. If you did not receive this text please click here.
This should be done as soon as possible. Thank you.
Children should continue to come to school in their PE kit on their PE days, with their school jumper/cardigan on top and not hoodies, tracksuits, football kits etc. On colder days they are permitted to wear black/navy/grey tracksuit bottoms/leggings with their PE t-shirt and school jumper/cardigan. Any earrings should be removed before school as this cannot be done by any members of staff and if your child cannot remove the earrings themselves they will not be permitted to take part in the lesson.
We would like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who donated food this year.
Along with our display next to the Office, we also have lots of boxes filled with your generous donations ready to be collected by Amazing Graze Soup Kitchen and Blackpool Food Bank
European Day of Languages 2021
Many thanks to the parents for their efforts in outfits, face paint etc at the start of the week. The children thoroughly enjoyed the day; learning new languages, trying new foods, learning dances from their chosen country etc. It was enjoyed by all!
- If your child requires time off school for a holiday, family occasion etc please contact the school office (in person, on the phone or via email) who will provide you with an Absence Request Form to return to the office – please do not place notes in your child’s bag as these do not always make it to the office.
- As our drinking fountains are unavailable, all children require a named bottle of drinking water for the classroom. If your child has a home packed lunch they need a separate drink (but please no glass drinking bottles or fizzy pop/fizzy water)
- If your child is having a yoghurt for lunch please do not forget to pack them a spoon
- All children should bring a coat/jacket every day as the weather is very changeable
- Only stud earrings are acceptable within school
- Where possible, please make medical appointments outside of school time. If this cannot be avoided, please inform the office as soon as possible and provide evidence of the appointment
COVID Symptoms Reminder
The most important symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of any of the following and a test must be obtained:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell
The lower threshold symptoms are:
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- sickness or diarrhoea
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
Half Term Reminder
School will close at 3.15pm on Friday 22nd October and will re-open at 8.50am on Tuesday 2nd November.
Operation Encompass now operates throughout Lancashire police force. It helps police and schools work together to provide emotional and practical help to children. The system ensures that when police are called to an incident of domestic abuse, where there are children in the household who have experienced the domestic incident, the police will inform the school (Miss Manson) before the child or children arrive the following day. This ensures that the school has up to date relevant information about the child’s circumstances and can enable support to be given to the child.